Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit, brave ideas, grit, & determination?
Excited to learn more about machine learning, artificial intelligence, cutting edge technologies, etc.?
Are you passionate about changing the face of healthcare & impacting the lives of others all over the globe?
Then we want YOU!
As an organization dedicated to Life Changing Medicine, UPMC has defined a bold mission: to shape the future of healthcare through innovation. At UPMC Enterprises, we help bring this mission to life by turning innovative ideas into growing, thriving businesses. That's why we want you to help us bring this mission to life during our Summer Associates Program!
As a UPMC Enterprises Summer Associate, you will have an opportunity to participate in a highly competitive, full time, 11-week paid summer internship program with an organization that's committed to finding solutions to the complicated challenges facing health care providers and their patients. Our work is about using creativity to tackle exciting projects that become life-changing products.
A little bit about your Summer Associates Program experience?
* Internship will take place early June - mid-August * Work on projects that make an impact on patient care while gaining knowledge on how we provide Life Changing Medicine * Work side-by-side with industry experts who are dedicated to helping you learn and grow your analytical, technical and communication skills * Work closely with portfolio companies focused in areas such as clinical decision support, telemedicine, population health management, and precision medicine * Give back to the Pittsburgh community through Summer Associate service events * As a part of the overall UPMC Summer Associates Program, have the opportunity to network with leaders throughout the organization and your fellow Summer Associates who are gaining experiences in various functions
We're looking for students who?
* Are passionate and determined to make a difference. * Want to be a game changer and create new ways of thinking and executing. * Believe in our Core Values. They are not just written on the walls. We demonstrate our commitment to these values daily. * Have emerging leadership abilities, entrepreneurial spirit, and thrive in a collaborative environment. * Care about the work they do, the people we work with and the patients we work for. * Pride themselves on their integrity. It's not just about the work we do, but how we do it.
* Current Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor's degree with a target graduation date between December 2018 and August 2020 required * Majoring in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Information Systems Management, Information Technology, or related field required * Availability to participate in the Summer Associates Program full-time from June to August 2019 for approximately 11 weeks with minimal absence (Yes, don't worry, you can still enjoy some summer vacation time!)
Recruitment Timeline Expectations*
* Mid-February - March 31st: Application Open * March: Video Interviews Conducted * End of March - early April: Final Interviews & In-Person Final Interviews Conducted * Subject to change.
Please ensure that you check your email address used during the application process for any application status updates
Associated topics: c c++, c++, develop, developer, java, matlab, programming, sde, software developer, software development engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.