UPMC Health Plan is hiring a full-time Strategy Analyst to help support the CMS Stars Analytics Department for its downtown Pittsburgh location at the US Steel Tower. This is a Monday through Friday daylight position.
This position provides: (1) research (e.g., conduct literature reviews to understand changing clinical treatments), (2) reporting (e.g., calculate market share), and (3) analysis (e.g., identify trends underlying volume changes) to support a portfolio of projects.
* Actively research new trends and dynamics; identify market dynamics that may affect UPMC and convey these to the Departments' leaders; learn about UPMC's full spectrum of operations and markets served.
* Complete projects within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and cost, to produce specified deliverables and meet customer expectations.
* Develop validation and testing protocols to ensure accuracy and quality of final deliverables. Ensures the quality of others' analytical work through a formal review/quality check process. Identify technical errors and limitations, as well as potential methodological and logic deficiencies in final deliverables.
* Provide analytical expertise in the development and support of various projects that focus on environmental and market assessments, new business development, and clinical utilization patterns.
* Selected duties include, but are not limited to: the preparation and formatting of standard and customized data reports; the creation of decision support tools such as utilization models-primarily descriptive in nature; profiles and assessments of market trends; profiles and assessments of new markets; profiles and assessments of competitors and complimentors; profiles and assessments of clinical capacity and patient throughput; literature reviews; complete maps using software tools; analysis of patient satisfaction data. Understand data sources and tools that exist throughout UPMC (e.g., financial and quality data systems); apply this knowledge to the Department's projects; act as a liaison to the owners of these data systems to ensure they are applied to the Department's projects. Fully document and understand the definitions, limitations, and applicability of different data sources; convey these parameters to clients/consultants during the formulation of data requests. Utilize SQL programming and Excel (e.g., program macros) and business intelligence tools (Power Bi/ Tableau) to build data sets for analysis which would include: health care volume and utilization trends, predictive modeling, basic modeling, and general research and decision support activities.
* Support a portfolio of multiple active projects simultaneously (typically three to five).
* Synthesize findings and implications of data work into reports and exhibits that can be used by clients.
* Bachelors level degree with 3 years of relevant experience or Masters level degree with 1 year of relevant experience required
* Previous experience with SQL is highly preferred
* Preference is given to analytically oriented programs such as economics, statistics, information sciences, or mathematics.
* Experience with Excel and Visual Basic is required; experience with Access and SQL is required; experience with econometric analysis experience is preferred.Relevant experience in the following areas is required: (1) market research (2) experience using quantitative, business intelligence and/or relational database. (3) manipulation of data.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Associated topics: .net, c c++, c++, develop, matlab, perl, programming, sdet, software developer, software development engineer