UPMC Health Plan is hiring a full-time Strategy Analyst to help support the CMS Stars Analytics Department for its downtown Pittsburgh location at the US Steel Tower. This is a Monday through Friday daylight position.
This position provides: (1) research (e.g., conduct literature reviews to understand changing clinical treatments), (2) reporting (e.g., calculate market share), and (3) analysis (e.g., identify trends underlying volume changes) to support a portfolio of projects.
* Actively research new trends and dynamics; identify market dynamics that may affect UPMC and convey these to the Departments' leaders; learn about UPMC's full spectrum of operations and markets served. * Complete projects within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and cost, to produce specified deliverables and meet customer expectations. * Develop validation and testing protocols to ensure accuracy and quality of final deliverables. Ensures the quality of others' analytical work through a formal review/quality check process. Identify technical errors and limitations, as well as potential methodological and logic deficiencies in final deliverables. * Provide analytical expertise in the development and support of various projects that focus on environmental and market assessments, new business development, and clinical utilization patterns. * Selected duties include, but are not limited to: the preparation and formatting of standard and customized data reports; the creation of decision support tools such as utilization models-primarily descriptive in nature; profiles and assessments of market trends; profiles and assessments of new markets; profiles and assessments of competitors and complimentors; profiles and assessments of clinical capacity and patient throughput; literature reviews; complete maps using software tools; analysis of patient satisfaction data. Understand data sources and tools that exist throughout UPMC (e.g., financial and quality data systems); apply this knowledge to the Department's projects; act as a liaison to the owners of these data systems to ensure they are applied to the Department's projects. Fully document and understand the definitions, limitations, and applicability of different data sources; convey these parameters to clients/consultants during the formulation of data requests. Utilize SQL programming and Excel (e.g., program macros) and business intelligence tools (Power Bi/ Tableau) to build data sets for analysis which would include: health care volume and utilization trends, predictive modeling, basic modeling, and general research and decision support activities. * Support a portfolio of multiple active projects simultaneously (typically three to five). * Synthesize findings and implications of data work into reports and exhibits that can be used by clients.
* Bachelors level degree with 3 years of relevant experience or Masters level degree with 1 year of relevant experience required
* Previous experience with SQL is highly preferred
* Preference is given to analytically oriented programs such as economics, statistics, information sciences, or mathematics.
* Experience with Excel and Visual Basic is required; experience with Access and SQL is required; experience with econometric analysis experience is preferred.Relevant experience in the following areas is required: (1) market research (2) experience using quantitative, business intelligence and/or relational database. (3) manipulation of data.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Associated topics: .net, c c++, c++, develop, matlab, perl, programming, sdet, software developer, software development engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.