Job ID :
US - California - Carlsbad-US - Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
We are Searching for a Senior Quality Engineering Architect who will provide thought leadership to define and implement well-balanced test strategies across a variety of software platforms including eCommerce and enterprise applications. Qualified candidates will have 10+ years in the Software quality engineering (or related) field, with at least five years as a quality engineering architect, lead or manager. Experience should extend across both manual and automated testing and include experience working with Agile/Scrum delivery models.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Provide thought leadership and contribute to the development of quality engineering standards and methodology.
* Develop overall software testing strategy including test automation, performance, scalability, reliability and high availability testing, etc.
* Evaluate new test automation solution tools and services, drive proof of concepts and pilots.
* Build and support automated testing frameworks based on various technologies.
* Define and implement a holistic quality practice that encompasses automated and manual testing.
* Advise and assist engineering team members with distributed quality engineering responsibilities (e.g. unit testing, service/API testing, etc.)
* Coach automation team members (both onshore and offshore) strategic and tactical endeavors.
* Work with manual testers to enable automation suites to be executed on a regular basis to validate the quality of releases as well as daily builds.
* Continually researches new automated tools and techniques and evaluates them for opportunities for improvement.
* Define the quality metrics to measure in Agile/Scrum teams and waterfall projects
* Plan, design, implement, execute, and maintain performance test framework(s) and tools to enable performance testing and analysis.
* Maintain a hands-on involvement in test execution, test automation and risk coverage analysis.
Qualifications and Skills
* 10+ years software quality testing experience
* 5+ years of hands-on technical expertise in programming, development tools and methodologies and system protocols.
* 5+ years of hands-on experience with test automation tools and frameworks.
* Experience defining best practices and tools for quality engineering in a large IT organization
* Experience in all phases of the software and testing lifecycle, inception through deployment
* Diverse experiences in leading test strategy, test planning, test case design, and execution
* Delivery leadership within Agile methodology projects
* Proficiency using common test management tools (e.g. HP ALM)
* 5+ years of experience in various quality engineering related lead roles such as:
* Quality Engineering Architect
* Quality Engineering Lead
* Quality Engineering Manager
* Experience on test data management
* Experience on machine learning and AI driven automated testing
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Capable of effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Able to facilitate open discussion and construct debate.
* Excellent communication and customer facing skills.
* Strong decision making and problem-solving skills from both a business and systems perspective.
* Skilled at evaluating existing processes and procedures and making recommendations for improvement; designing prototypes and proof of concepts
* Good understanding of database concepts and good knowledge of SQL.
* Familiarity with API testing (SOAP and/or REST).
* Experience on AWS cloud or other public cloud services is a plus
* BS or MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent relevant experience.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Associated topics: .net, application developer, architect, c/c++, devops, maven, php, project architect, senior software developer, software engineer lead