The Program Analyst serves as a member of theUniversity Housing and Residential Life team and reports to the Assistant Directorof Information Technology. The Program Analyst assists in the support anddevelopment of University's Housing Management System (StarRez) and otherdepartmental information systems for management of a comprehensive housingprogram for approximately 6,000 on-campus students that supports the mission ofthe Division of Student Affairs and Temple University. Performs web softwareapplication development with underlying relational database technology. Undergeneral supervision, the Program Analyst provides support to the department by resolvingtechnical and design issues, maintaining department applications, web pages,and underlying database structures, as well as developing reports anddashboards. Acts as a liaison with other departments for various technology-relatedfunctions and works toward maximizing the production, processing, analyzing anddissemination of housing data. Develops applications using REST APIs andintegrates applications with SQL Server and Oracle databases. Performs otherduties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, orInformation Science, and at least one year of directly relatedexperience. An equivalent combination of education and experiencewill also be considered.
Required Skills andAbilities:
* Demonstrated analytical skills.
* Knowledge of database design with relationaltechnology.
* Demonstrated understanding of internet technologies(TCP/IP, HTTPS, SSL, ASP, .Net, IIS).
* Ability to develop, test, and deliverapplications based on a predefined timeline specified within a project plan asprescribed.
* Ability to work independently or as part of a project team.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office including wordprocessing, spreadsheet and database management capabilities.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oralcommunication skills.
* Ability to effectively interact with all levels ofadministrative and support staff.
* Experience in C# or Java.
* Familiarity with SOAP and/or RESTful web services.
* Familiarity with web application and relational database design andsupport.
* Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL.
* Experience withweb publishing tools.
* Experience with StarRez or similar universityhousing management application software.
* Experience with business intelligence report writing tools (Crystal Reports,Cognos or SSRS)
* Experience with Adobe Creative Suite or similar webdevelopment tools.
* Familiarity with Drupal, or other ContentManagement System (CMS).
Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu.
Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at:
You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University's Campus Safety Services at 215-###-####.
Associated topics: algorithm, application, back end, c#, develop, devops, java, matlab, sde, sdet