Omnicell has an exciting opportunity for an individual to help our clients optimize their pharmacy supply chain as part of Omnicell's Performance Center offering. The individual is responsible for designing, constructing, installing, and supporting data pipelines within Omnicell's Performance Center.
To accomplish this, the Data Engineer must be an experienced, motivated individual with a proven record of building data structures, interfaces, and/or pipelines for pharmacy systems and data.
The individual will work within our team of technical and domain experts at our regional headquarters located in Cranberry Township, PA. This resource will report to the Senior Manager, Performance Center Analytics.
* Create and Maintain Data Pipelines: After identifying potential sources of rich data, design and implement systems or pipelines to collect and store the data in a scalable fashion. * Collect, Clean, and Prepare Data: Identify new potential data sources, develop a strategy for collecting the data, clean existing data, and prepare data for Machine Learning systems. * Build Analytics Tools: Utilizing the new data pipelines, provide actionable insights from the data to support clinical teams and provide value to our customers. * Identify Team Data Needs and Requirements: Working closely with the team, manage a backlog of data needs, prioritize upcoming work and projects, and lead efforts to improve existing processes.
* Strong oral and written communication skills * Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team, and able to multi-task efficiently * Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail * Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases * Ability to perform data validation, preparation and investigation using advanced analytics tools to generate business insights * Proficient in using programming languages including R/Python/Scala/C++ or Java * Ability to work within a dynamic environment, delivering on requirements and deadlines * Ability to work collaboratively at multiple levels of the organizations both internally and externally. * Infinitely curious and demonstrable creativity
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Systems, or Engineering * Four years of experience in software engineering * Four years of hands-on experience with programming using R/Python/Scala/C++ or Java
* Deep understanding of pharmacy systems and medication flow within a hospital or health system * Master Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or Engineering * Six years of experience with R/Python/Scala/C++ or Java
* Office Environment * Travel- Minimal: Up to 5%
Associated topics: data analyst, data integration, data integrity, data scientist, data warehousing, database, etl, erp, sql, teradata
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.