The Opportunity - Linux Systems Engineer
Curtiss-Wright EMD is searching for a Systems Engineer for the Engineering Information Technology (EIT) group.
Department: Engineering Processes & Resources -- Engineering IT
* Manage RHEL kick starts, patches and upgrades across 3 networks (workstations and servers)
* Address security vulnerabilities identified by scanning (Nessus)
* Maintain central logging system (GrayLog and EventTracker)
* Progress virtualization of hardware based server infrastructure on hypervisors to reduce server provisioning
* Manage large computational clusters and workstations to ensure user support
* Orchestration of configuration management and auditing using Gitlab/Ansible/Tower
* Work with IS security to ensure customer requirements and internal security plans are met
* Ensure work in accordance with procedures and instructions (IDP's, EP's, etc.), CW policies, and safety, environmental, and security rules and guidelines
* Rarely - Less than 5%
Qualifications / Experience
The following experience / credentials are required:
* Bachelor Degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science or 5+ years of relevant experience
* Minimum relevant experience of 5 years
* Linux/RHEL/CentOS Operating System experience
* Experience with configuration management / automation tools (Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef)
* Relevant scripting languages (Bash, YAML, Python, etc.)
* Knowledge of virtualization (KVM, VMWare, XenServer, etc.)
The following experience / credentials would be a plus:
* Master Degree in Information Systems/Technology or Computer Science
* Relevant experience of 10+ years
* RedHat Certified System Administrator or Engineer
* Experience with source control (Git, SVN, etc.)
* Prior experience with implementation of information systems in a security restricted environment
* Must be a US citizen and obtain and maintain DOD secret level clearance
What You'll Find at CW
Challenging Work - The work we do at Curtiss-Wright is not only challenging, but it is meaningful to our customers, our employees and the communities in which we live and work.
Independence-- At Curtiss-Wright, you have the independence to invent, create and innovate; and the opportunity to work on the most advanced technology in our industry.
A Collaborative Environment -- The teamwork among our exceptionally talented people enables us to deliver some of the most advanced solutions to our customers.
Curtiss-Wright is proud to offer our employees a comprehensive total rewards package:
* Competitive Pay
* Health and wellness benefits from date of hire, including medical, dental, life insurance and more
* 401K, with an opportunity to become a shareholder
* Learning and development opportunities
* Recognition for your contributions
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintain, maintenance, network, satcom, server, system engineer, system specialist