Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Director, Product Management, Device Activation
Join the team defining and building the future of the Digital Home for the largest Internet provider in the country. This is an opportunity to positively impact millions of Internet customers by helping to launch game-changing new products. Delivering an amazing end-to-end experience is a central tenet of our product vision, with device activation as its core. As a member of the Digital Home Product team you can help realize this vision by driving the definition and development of activation experiences for Xfinity devices powered by the Xfinity in-home network.
The Director of Product Management, Device Activation, will drive the product strategy, roadmap, customer experience and success metrics for self-install device activation. Oversite will include the activation experiences for devices powered by the Xfinity in-home network including Xfinity xFi Pods mesh WiFi extenders, Xfinity Home cameras and door/window sensors, X1 TV Boxes and Xfinity partner Smart Home devices.
* Define the product strategy for self-install device activation, ensuring simple, intuitive, consistent and unified experiences across devices.
* Manage the product lifecycle including requirements gathering and definition, developing feature specifications, managing feature requests, overseeing product design and development, supporting product testing and trials and driving delivery of the product/features.
* Write user stories detailing specific product requirements for new devices, features, enhancements, bug fixes, etc.
* Own the product roadmap across devices, tracking key features and deliverables and associated deployment targets.
* Manage the balance and priorities between new feature development and product defects.
* Work directly with business owners, customer experience, engineering (hardware and software), user experience design and product teams to realize the product vision for the organization.
* Inform the go-to-market strategy for new product/feature launches, including support, training, and communications.
* Partner with the Technical Operations team to design and develop complimentary professional install activation solutions.
* Monitor product performance including success and operational metrics (NPS, support calls, truck rolls) key to ensuring an optimal end-to-end customer experience.
* Combine deep user insights and data analysis to inform product backlogs and rapid product iteration.
* Evangelize the product vision across the organization including senior leadership, engineering, business owners, marketing, PR, field leaders and ops teams.
* Monitor the competitive landscape for best-in-class Out-of-Box / First Time User experiences.
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent
* 10+ years in product management, product marketing, and/or a relevant technology role
* Experience managing and having accountability for product definition, design, development and delivery
* Strong product acumen with a passion for delivering an optimal end-to-end customer experience
* Experience defining products with a mix of software and hardware dependencies
* Deep understanding of WiFi and home networking technology, devices, solutions and trends
* Technical depth and understanding of software development processes and methodologies, Agile is a plus
* Excellent leadership skills with experience leading cross-functional teams
* Excellent project management skills, with a proven track record of successful delivery of projects on time, in line with budget expectations
* Excellent collaboration, communication, presentation and writing skills
* Self-motivated, independent worker, able to drive multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic corporate environment within a highly visible team
* Experience collaborating with remote teams
* Creative, flexible, detail-oriented and organized
* Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
* Generally requires 10+ years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Associated topics: design, engineering, manufacture, product, product manager, production, program manager, quality